Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Treadmill Table

Hey Everybody,

Today I am sharing a little project that took half an hour to make. 
An accessory for my treadmill.


I have to confess I have been neglecting my fitness for most of the winter. 
Okay, for all of it, but I decided this morning to get 
on the treadmill for thirty minutes a day. 
So I dusted it off and jumped on. 
It really was quite dusty.
But first I built the table. 

I like to have everything at my fingertips when I walk, so I need more than 
just the water bottle holder. I need a place for all my other paraphenalia, 
like the remote, a snack, music, and earbuds. 

This is what I made. In thirty minutes.


A custom table for the treadmill.


 I put it together with my Kreg jig.
Here's how:

I measured across from the outside edges of the arms, and added two inches. 
Then I measured for the width. It had to be wide enough to hold a water bottle, snack, earbuds, music, and the remote, but not so wide that my hands hit it while walking. 

The piece of wood I used is a drawer back from an old dresser that I got for free.
The end pieces are just short bits from a 1 x 8" scrap. I cut them two inches
wide and joined them to the table top with pocket holes.

Super easy. You could use glue and finish nails instead if you like.
Love my new treadmill table!

A quick coat of paint and she's done! 


If I need to fold the treadmill up, the table tucks in between 
the running surface and the front by tilting it slightly.



I'm considering painting it in jungle print to match the throw behind it...


...just kidding, but it did cross my mind!

Have a great day, and Happy Building!


10 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Such a clever idea! I need something like this to encourage me to exercise more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome comment Brandi!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! I was just thinking about buying a treadmill, now I'm going to make sure the one I buy has a place for a table. Thank's for sharing with us at the Krafty Inspiration Party, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comment Maria! You have a great weekend as well, and thanks for hosting!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Mindi! I'm hoping it keeps me motivated!

      Delete
  6. Hahah, Love it! I need to dust mine off too and get back on it, but now that its spring, I'll drag my friends to go walking outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Allie!
      We are still waiting for spring, but it'll be here soon. Enjoy your walks!

      Val

      Delete
  7. Very clever and handy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Angela! Just stopped by your blog; lots of great home dec ideas there!
    Have a great day,

    Val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...